Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Finally, a new Bike; The Kona Dawg...

After searching for countless hours online and in bike shops for the perfect all mountain bike, I have finally put my query to bed. I just bought a 2008 Kona Dawg off of ebay for just $1,131. It's valued at $1,899, and I was going to pay $1,400 for it at a bike shop; even that was a good deal. But I saved $768! Now I can spend more than I hoped to on upgrades, supplies, helmet, clipless shoes, and knee/shin protection.

Hopefully it will arrive early next week, but I have know idea because it's coming all the way from a bike shop in California... Nonetheless, I'm so stoked right now; there's no way I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. Which is a shame because I have work starting tomorrow. I'm teaching tennis at our town's recreation center from 9am - 1pm. Now I'll be commuting every day with this sweet ride, but I'll definitely be sure to lock it up... The last thing I want is this bike stolen or wrecked by a bunch of stupid kids.

As for safety riding to work, I spent most of today trying to put a bright orange vest over the backpack I will be using to transport all of my work gear in (including my tennis raquet). I ended up cutting off the shoulders of the vest and using them to secure the main back part of the vest to the back of the pack. At this point, it's so bright when you look at it that it hurts. Which is just what I want!

-ride hard...

No comments: